The ARK Group will award eight conference scholarships in 2021. Members are encouraged to apply to attend the ARK Conferences and also for other Conferences organized by others.
|Apply||Notified of results|
|July 1 – October 1, 2020||November 17, 2020|
This award enables researchers who lack financial support to have an opportunity to attend the conferences. The ARK will select EIGHT winners, including one students and professors.
- Complimentary full-conference registration*
- Up to three-night hotel stay**
- $500 travel stipend
*Pre-conference sessions, seminars and guest registration not included.
**Housing will be provided at a conference hotel of ARK Group’s choice.
- No organizational support or reimbursement to attend the conference
- Unemployed and/or a full-time student / Professor.
- Students currently enrolled in a PhD or Master’s degree programme
- Early career academics (academics who have completed a postgraduate degree programme within the last five years)
Abstracts submitted after the initial submission deadline for the relevant conference will not be considered for the scholarship. If you are awarded a grant or scholarship it is understood that you will attend the applicable IAFOR conference. If you are unable to attend the conference, your grant or scholarship will be forfeited.
Expressions of Interest
- The benefits to yourself and to the sector of attendance at the Conference
- An abstract of the paper you will submit to the Conference Organiser if you are chosen.
- Your contribution to the sector (eg: presentations at conferences and courses, publications in the Journal and other media).
- An outline of how you will share your learnings with the sector.
Who is NOT Eligible:
Individuals are ineligible.
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
If selected for an scholarship, applicants must confirm their ability to attend the event and must provide the letter of confirmation from their respective institution/organization. They must be willing to give video interviews and sessions with sponsors and board members. Scholarship winners also will be expected to provide a follow-up interview after the event to discuss their experiences and share what they learned.
Interested Candidates must send us the following documents :
- Contact & demographic information
- Three short essay questions about your career and learning objectives
- Your resume
- A statement of support from your supervisor, professor, or colleague*
*This statement may be completed by a colleague, current or former supervisor, professor, volunteer colleague or other professional contacts. Statements from family members will not be accepted. Further information will be provided after receiving the above documents.
The review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage this learning opportunity. They will seek candidates who are eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their organizations, and their communities. HR professionals who are new to the field are encouraged to apply.